In Our Own Voices: Serving the needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender
People of Color, our Friends and Families.
Job Announcement, Be a Part the IOOV Family!
is to work for and ensure the physical, mental, spiritual, political, cultural and economic survival and growth of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people of color communities.
****For all opened IOOV positions, qualified
candidates must submit a cover letter outlining their experience
as it relates to their field, and/or experience with the target
population and TWO (2) WRITING SAMPLES related to topics/issues
impacting LGBT Communities/LGBT People of Color.
Submit all requirements to: Tandra R. La Grone, Executive Director, In Our Own Voices, 245 Lark St, Albany, NY 12210 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
$15-$25/ hour, Based on Experience
20 Hours a week in-house
In Our Own Voices Inc. is seeking a graphic designer to design and produce high-quality visual communications. This position is 20 hours per week in-house.
The graphic designer will work independently and with colleagues to foster creative collaboration as well as to ensure compliance with project understanding, goals and adherence to brand identity.
Duties associated with this position include:
Designing and producing visual communication from initial concept to completion using a variety of mediums, including print, digital and multi-media
Creating data visualization and information graphics
Creating innovative designs using elements such as typography, photography, illustrations, graphics and white space
Maintaining organized digital files within a shared network and project management system
Uphold the agency brand attributes, identity, guidelines and policies; ability to guide others on brand guidelines
To accomplish the above tasks, it is necessary for the graphic designer to:
Have excellent communication skills, a strong attention to detail, handling multiple jobs, and the ability to be a team player
Develop an understanding of the agencys communication goals, strategies, and brand attributes/guidelines
Work in partnership with the Director of Advancement and agency staff to bring projects to successful completion on time, within budget and to the expectations of the Executive Director
Associates degree in graphic design
1-2 years experience in graphic design
A portfolio of work demonstrating ability in brand development and identity building
Proficiency with InDesign CC, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC and Bridge
Understanding of typography, layout and production
Experience with print design and print production processes
Knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and LinkedIn
Experience meeting multiple, dynamic deadlines
Success in planning and managing projects
Ability to work with a culturally diverse population
Experience with web design and web development processes (including responsive design and app design)
Experience with digital design and digital production processes (graphics for video, PowerPoint, digital signage and social media)
Experience in working in a small not-for-profit agency
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications , and state desired hourly rate
Candidates will also need to provide a 5-sample portfolio
In Our Own Voices, Inc. - Albany, NY
$35,000 a year Job
Type: Full time: plus Benefits.
Job Summary: The position of Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for providing culturally-competent outreach and education programming to the LGBT POC community, which will increase the number of program participants receiving comprehensive moral support, advocacy and HIV, STI, and Hepatitis C prevention services and will also work to build lasting relationships with community partners.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Provides face-to-face, online and outreach in underserved areas and venues accessed by the target community for the purpose of program promotion and enrollment.
· In concert with the Director of Operations, develop and maintain an active, consistent outreach plan that promotes IOOV’s resources and events across all seven counties of the Capital District.
· Provides group level education programs to the target community and organizations that reach the target population, including youth, women who have sex with women (WSW) and men who have sex with men (MSM) communities.
· Identify HIV,STI/Hep C testing sites and activities by developing partnerships with service providers in the Capital District.
· Participate in the planning and outreach of all IOOV events and projects.
· Network with the target population, community based organizations, service providers, and businesses to increase the visibility and accessibility of program services.
· Ensure all accomplished activities of position are entered into appropriate databases, including a monthly AIRS extract.
· Submit documentation and reports in compliance with project requirements, as well as provide monthly reports and submit monthly articles for the newsletter
· Demonstrate a commitment to the mission of In Our Own Voices, Inc. and its focus on meeting the needs of LGBT POC
· Ensure confidentiality law requirements are incorporated into all aspects of programming.
· Other duties as assigned by Director of Operations.
· Associates degree preferred Bachelors
· Minimum of 1 year human services experience; outreach, education, or case management experience.
· Bilingual (Spanish) plus.
· Comfort in going to public sites and events (bars, local colleges, beauty salons, barber shops)
· Must have ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities; excellent organizational skills; attention to detail.
· Must have Valid, unrestricted driver’s license and independent means of transportation.
Street Outreach Specialist
In Our Own Voices, Inc.
$34,200 a year
Job Type: Salary; Full Time Exempt
Job Summary: Responsible for delivering street-based services to youth at highest risk for homelessness/street involvement, sexual exploitation, and HIV/AIDS; providing crisis intervention, information and referrals. Minimum requirements:
Associate’s degree (or equivalent in experience); Bachelor’s preferred Develop and maintain positive community relationships Performs HIV risk assessments Disclosure of HIV testing results Risk assessments to individuals who test for HIV Rapid HIV and Hepatitis C counseling and testing Assess needs of youth and make referrals either within IOOV and Equinox Inc. or outside the agency to meet those needs; follow-up to determine if needs were met by those services. Provide crisis intervention and supportive counseling to youth in a professional, caring and non-judgmental manner. Advocate for sexually exploited youth (ie. with social service agencies, police, hospitals and other community service agencies) Table at community events to provide information and increase awareness Assist with inventory, ordering and storing of outreach supplies Collect, document and prepare reports using statistical data. Assist with the monitoring of youth in the outreach center
Program Representation ·Be a positive representative in the community and a voice for youth
· Continue personal development
and education relevant to youth programming
· Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, planning sessions, or trainings
· Complete all paperwork by assigned deadlines
· Abide by all policies and procedures
· Abide by all applicable local, state and federal regulations governing position
· Perform other duties as requested for the enhancement and continuation of the program
· Evening and weekend shifts. Flexibility and willingness to work extra hours when necessary. Street Outreach is conducted within neighborhoods in the City of Albany and Equinox Outreach Center. May have to work
outside in inclement weather.
· Clearance by NYS Central Registry of Child Abuse and Neglect.
· Ability to participate in annual training which may include a combination of both in-house and external training.
A clean, valid NYS driver's license and willing to own vehicle when needed.
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter outlining their experience as it relates to their HIV field, outreach experience and/or experience with the target population and two writing samples.
HIV/HCV Test Counselor (YMSM)
In Our Own Voices, Inc. - Albany, NY
$33,500 a year
Job Type: Salary; Full time Exempt
Job Summary: The Position will be responsible for providing
HIV and HCV testing for difficult to reach Young Men who have
Sex with Men (YMSM), MSM, Transgender, and Gender Non-Conforming
with a focus of communities of color who are at risk for or
living with HIV, STIs, and/or HCV.
· Performs HIV risk assessments
· Disclosure of HIV testing results
· Risk assessments to individuals who test for HIV
· Rapid HIV and Hepatitis C counseling and testing
· Provide referrals to Partner Notification Assistance Program
· Submits counseling and testing data to LGBT Health Director
· Conducts quality controls daily and weekly (e.g. room temperature, freezer temperature, run controls, run performances, in-house and testing logs
· STD/STI testing referrals
· Observe and abide by HIPAA and the HIV Confidentiality Law requirements
· Engages and refers clients for HIV prevention services
· Identify and maintain working relationships with potential testing sites
· Commits to In Our Own
Voices, Inc. mission, vision, and core values
· At least two years of experience or any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge and abilities to perform job duties.
· Certified in HIV counseling and testing strongly preferred or able to obtain certification within three months of employment.
· Associate Degree preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· HIV/AIDS knowledge a must.
· Experience working with YMSM population a plus.
· Cultural competent a must.
· Spanish speaking a plus.
· Knowledge and skills in working in a team effort.
· Must be detailed oriented.
· Must be able to work flexible hours(includes after hours and weekends)
· Valid, unrestricted drivers license and independent means of transportation for travel per program needs
*For all opened IOOV positions, qualified candidates must submit a cover letter outlining their experience as it relates to
their field, and/or experience with the target population.
Submit all requirements to: Tandra R. La Grone, Executive Director, In Our Own Voices, 245 Lark St, Albany, NY 12210
or email to email@example.com.